During the month of Ramadan, the The Peace Thru Justice Foundation has launched a special appeal to win the release and repatriation of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui to her native Pakistan. This effort also seeks to benefit other political prisoners.
Our goal is to raise $50,000 in seed money to fund a multi-layered campaign of well-organized, strategically thought out activism. With it we will do the following, insha’Allah:
1. Immediately hire a capable and reliable person to upgrade and maintain our website(s) – and help us expand our voice through social media;
2. Begin work on an American-made documentary on the precedent-setting case of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui;
3. Establish a special fund that will be used to harness the pain, energy, and talents of individuals and families (of political prisoners) suffering in the shadows;
4. Allocate time for regular visitations with political prisoners (esp. young Muslim political prisoners) to provide counseling and encouragement;
5. Begin the long overdue process of establishing an organization that will be able to employ committed workers for positive human rights change in America.