Islamophobia in the US: Drive-by Shooting Attack on a Muslim Family’s Home in Oklahoma City
FD Editor’s Note: I am not a big fan of C.A.I.R. because they have abandoned too many brothers and sisters in prison in their time of greatest need. They have worked with the F.B.I. on cases that were found to be entrapment cases. And there are some prisoners who they do not support at all. In my opinion they should support every Muslim and let God be the judge. In any case, this article is a must-read.
- CAIR: Maryland School Allows Muslim Students to Leave Class to Pray
- CAIR-NY: Open City Council Seat Draws Major Attention … and Donations
- Video: CAIR Director on Fox’s O’Reilly Factor to Discuss Coca-Cola Super Bowl Ad with Arab, Camel
- CAIR-CAN Action Alert: Urge Ottawa Library to Rescind Platform for Anti-Muslim Speaker
CAIR-OK Seeks Bias Probe of Shooting Attack on Muslim Family’s Home(OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, 2/1/13) —
The Oklahoma chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-OK) today called on state and federal law enforcement agencies to investigate a possible bias motive for an alleged drive-by shooting attack last night on a Muslim family’s home in Oklahoma City.
Soltani said this incident comes following a rise in hate attacks targeting American Muslims and their institutions in the second half of 2012.
SEE: Eight Attacks, 11 Days (Salon)
- CAIR: Arson, Vandalism at Mosques Not Uncommon (Joplin Globe)Just this week, CAIR’s Texas chapter welcomed stepped-up protection for Muslims taking part in yesterday’s “Texas Muslim Capitol Day” at the state Capitol in Austin. Apparent threats targeting the event had been made on a notorious anti-Islam hate blog.
- Video: Security Heightened at Capitol Following Threats to Muslims (CAIR-TX)
- Video: Security Increased After Texas Muslims Report Threats (CAIR)
In August 2012, CAIR-OK called on state and federal law enforcement authorities to investigate a paintball attack on a mosque in that state as a hate crime. CAIR is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
- CAIR-OK Executive Director Adam Soltani, 405-248-5853, ;
- CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-744-7726,